Monday, April 25, 2011

Looking for clarity...

I am one of those people who is who they are 100% of the time. It makes me a very poor actor because I cannot lose myself in another personality or pretend to be anything other than what I am. This is sometimes a good thing and sometimes bad in that I cannot adapt to every situation. However, when you are a person like me, it makes dealing with very "adaptable" people very hard and very confusing because they can change personalities pretty drastically from situation to situation. So that you never feel quite comfortable or secure as things might shift at any moment. The following piece is exploring a "chameleon" person and the fact that to a person like me, I cannot understand their variability.

Chameleon

Perfect mimic,
Reflection of
Borrowed persons' cues.
How long to ape till timid core
Is forever lost to you?

Blended in,
Inoffensive,
Commits no harm or foul.
But confronted without backdrop,
What color flashes now?

Mutable,
Adaptive,
Untouched and not a scar.
Yet lacking definition,
Can one know who you are?

Chameleon,
Ever changing,
Fluid scene by scene.
Never lie and never truth.
Is there nothing but between?

No comments:

Post a Comment