Friday, April 27, 2012

Reflection

Song lyrics today.  Not about anyone or anything in my reality but I came up with the phrase "Do I see..." and had to see where that phrase led.  Not sure it is workable into an actual song with music but I sort of love the idea inside the piece.   It could definitely use some refining if melody were applied.  Until then, enjoy!  


Reflection


3am,
I've been up all night,
The radio blasting,
As I drive in desperate flight,
And the pain of a dawn,
Now that you're gone,
And Adele is coming on.


Do I see my own reflection in the mirror of her words?
Is that my heart she echos in the melody I heard?
How can these notes and lyrics speak the sorrow that I feel?
Play that song one more time.
Let the music dry my tears.


4am,
Another sleepless night,
There's a fire burning.
Tiger, tiger, oh so bright,
Like your eyes too hard.
So I place my wards
With the print of the Bard.


Do I see my own reflection in the mirror of his words?
Is that my heart he echoes in the rhythm of his verse?
Why do these rhymes and meter
Give me shelter in the storm?
Read it back one more time.
Let the poets keep me warm.


5am,
One more endless night,
Nothing to distract,
Just waiting for the light.
A rising sun,
As I count your sums,
And find they equal none.


Do I see my own reflection in the mirror of your words?
Is that my heart you echo in the ways you chose to hurt?
Why do I let your killing voice
Reside inside my head?
Say it to me one more time,
Until I can strike it dead.


And I've never lost a bit of sleep,
And I've never had one tear weep,
Since I climbed out of the deep
Pit you put me in.


And though I once let you attack,
And my city then you may have sacked,
I'll never ever let you back
To plunder me again.


I'm standing strong and...


I'm my own reflection in a mirror built of words.
No more echoes, my soul sings the rhythm, rhyme, and verse.
No more hiding in the pages
Of a stranger's stories.
I write on in inky line;
My pen flowing showing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment