Monday, April 23, 2012

An idea that I've been rolling around in my mind for a while now. Inspired by my love, I find I wish there were more expressive ways for me to tell him how I feel. So I guess I just wrote it! I'm actually very pleased with this piece! :) Here ya go!

There should be more words for love.

There should be more words for love.

I say love,
My love,
My dearest love,
Love you.
Scratched record
Dug deep in the groove.
Love...
Love...
Can't stop loving you.
Too short a word to encompass a heartful,
A heart full.
A heart felt.
What I...
For you.

 There should be more words for love.

The Inuit have 20 words for snow,
That which rules their world of frozen H2O.
Linguistic multiples
Warm their tongues,
And guard against the cold.
Yet love, conquering universe all,
One word.
Too small.
Maybe that's why we stutter,
Start,
Stop,
Shut down our hearts
Before we can drown,
Because we haven't the syllables,
Haven't the sounds
To swim in molten waters.

 There should be more words for love.

I love you.
Simple,
True,
But incomplete,
Skimmed surface
Of unfathomed depths steep,
Of laughter,
And fear.
Of unbridled lust
Of tears,
Wept or weeping
For joy or bleeding
Old wounds unhealed.
That churning maelstrom
An internal Pollack,
And I can only drip...
Drop...
Splotch.
One color
Across our canvas,
The full picture hidden from view,
So you'll never know
How much...
How much I...
Do you?

There should be more words for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment