Monday, June 6, 2011

Dangerous Eyes

Ok, not going to lie. I love this piece. It made me super uncomfortable to write because it is dealing with some super uncomfortable feelings I've been having. But I knew there was some solidity about it and it had to be written. This is definitely a piece that is meant to be read aloud and should make the reader uneasy. It makes me uneasy to post it. But, long story short, I've been going out a lot and I'm not unattractive so guys hit on me. Part of me wants to go and be reckless and make some mistakes. To break a few hearts of my own. And a part of me is still so raw and unhealed that another man's touch just brings too much to the surface, things I've been shoving down and trying to eradicate. And part of me just isn't cruel and part of me is. Perhaps it is too soon for the dating game or perhaps pushing past these negative feelings and making some mistakes will lift some of the depression. Don't know. But the comment that inspired this piece was a guy saying to me, "Those eyes, those eyes are dangerous."

Dangerous Eyes

Dangerous eyes
Of heartbroken girl,
Blackened windows' pain.
You'll want slow smile to unfurl,
But she's reckless in her prey.

She'll draw you in with quiet gaze,
Sweet promise of dark sin,
Of sleepless nights' warm embrace,
Beading sweat skin 'gainst skin.

Take heed of her hesitation,
Words of warning offered true.
Don't tarry long or dare to hope.
She loves him still though bedding you.

Yet heroes' lust rakes verbal leaves,
Fallen piles set hot afire.
And you'll ignore flashing lights,
Jump ship toward siren desire.

Think you will escape, young sir?
Not lose nor grow attached?
Her throaty laugh won't haunt your ears?
Her scent won't call you back?

She may offer body bliss,
Heated play by night.
But sleep a bit and slipped away,
She's gone by morning light.

Flown away without a trace,
No notes, unanswered cell.
Her taste will linger in your lips
And you'll be left in hell.

Run! Flee those dangerous eyes
Of such a heartbroken girl.
Don't chance their cavernous depths
Or you may drown in tidal whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment